Last Modified: August 24, 2020
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, BST) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website and Service. For example, BST keeps track of the Website you visit, in order to determine what portion of the BST Website or Service is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the BST Website and Service to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Website for advertising, analytics, and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform. These cookies include:
– Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website.
– Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
– Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you.
– Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
– Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt-out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Website to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings as described above.
The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your Web browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as “Flash cookies.” BST does not use Flash cookies.
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details, or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.