Behavioral Signal Technologies is seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer who will be responsible for developing and building our data research methodology, tools and assets to join our Los Angeles team. We develop technology that recognizes emotions, intentions, state-of-mind and behaviors according to the acoustic characteristics of human speech.
- Research, design and implement machine learning applications to solve business problems in the contact center domain.
- Ensure that machine learning applications are available to product via use of APIs.
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies that may be able to support machine learning applications.
- Development of new methods and models for machine learning algorithms to extract emotions and other meaningful information from a human voice
- Understand necessary data requirements to implement machine learning applications.
- Derive useful insights by cross correlating emotional analysis with other datasets
- Work in cooperation with developers to produce high performance scalable cloud-based solutions for real time voice analysis.
- Minimum MS or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics, physics, machine learning, mathematics, or a related field
- 2-3+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge in two or more of the following areas: machine learning, feature extraction, statistics, audio signal processing and/or acoustics, data mining, business intelligence, information retrieval, databases, data warehousing
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with different languages and software tools: Python, R, MATLAB as well as the numerical libraries such as Scikit-Learn, Pandas, NumPy and SciPy.
- Strong software engineering and algorithmic skills. Ability to understand tradeoffs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Real world experience with some or all of the following:
- REST APIs
- Amazon Web Services
- Windows and Linux